Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Winning and losing based on the decision to act

Working on a major project, I asked the applicants to perform a simple task.
It was a dream building exercise.
I wanted to learn more about the applicants' thought processes.

The task had a deadline of midnight on the fifth day.
A response on 00:01 would not be considered for the free program I was offering.

Almost half of the applicants didn't respond.
One quarter responded in the last three hours, displaying possible signs of procrastination.
One quarter responded in the first three hours showing initiative or lack of anything else to do.

I learned something from this exercise.

The desire to get results is negated by the inability to act.

It doesn't matter how much you want something, if you are unwilling to do the work, you will never get it.

Goals + Action = Realized Dreams

If you negate the action, you negate the dream.

Goals + Inaction = Unrealized Dreams

My parents taught me to always be willing to do the work. I can hear my dad still preaching, "I didn't raise any lazy kids in this family"...

What are you putting off tomorrow?
What are you waiting for?

More importantly what are you trying to achieve?

It doesn't matter how much money you have, the ability to envision your life five years out is possible. Have you thought about what your life will look like in five years from now?

So here's my challenge to you.  Message me privately if you'd like.

"Although perfection is impossible, let's now imagine your life will be perfect in five years.
Describe your life when it will be perfect. What needs to be implemented into your life for this "dream" to be realized? How do you have to change personally to achieve perfection?"

Please don't cop out and say that your life is already perfect or it will be perfect when you win the lottery. I'm looking for honesty. 

Are you willing to complete the challenge or are you going to do nothing? Your choice. You win and lose by your decisions to act.

Goals + Action = Realized Dreams
Goals + Inaction = Unrealized Dreams

To finish off my story from above, by not responding half the candidates self selected themselves out of a free program, paid for by a couple of sponsors. The program might be the launchpad the entrepreneur needed to propel their business toward their dreams. 

But we'll never know because of their choice to not act.

No comments:

Post a Comment