Friday, January 8, 2016

Howard Shultz must be rolling in his grave

Howard, if you were still alive, it wouldn't be this way.

Why would I go to Starbucks and be a prisoner?
Not locked up. That would be far better.

I'm a prisoner to the discussions of the employees. I don't want to know all about Sarah's latest problem with her boyfriend. I don't know Sarah. It's sad. But I didn't come here to be sad. I came here for my Grande Caramel Machiatto.

Do I have to hear about the red cup and how yesterday is the last day they could use it. Then to my surprise, I showed up today to see the Christmas cup still available.

Do I care?
Nope. Unless these perfectly good cups go in the garbage. Then I'll be mad because Starbucks will be wasteful.

Christmas is over.
The cup is red.
Nothing refers to the cup as a Christmas cup.
Even The Donald thought we should boycott Starbucks because they removed "Christmas" from the holiday cup.
We should boycott Donald.
But that's a rant for another day.

I don't want to hear about how shifts are being cut back to the baristas who can't sell sandwiches.
I don't want to see baristas taking a table on their break where I could've sat.
I don't want to see the dining room full of unopened boxes because the cafe designer didn't make enough space for dry storage in the back.
I don't need to be emprisoned in the cafe drama.
I have enough of my own problems.

Today, I want to know if Howard Shultz is squirming in his coffin.
The coffee chain is moving away from its special place in my heart.

What?
Howard Shultz isn't dead?
Then what the f*(&?

Howard, get to work and fix this.
One of my favourite brands needs your help.

I think it's your favourite brand too.

If you want to hear some of my thoughts on how to fix this problem, I'm only a tweet away.


With a background in finance and marketing, Rick Nicholson owned two highly successful restaurants before selling them to start a consulting business. His current company The Restaurant Ninjas provides tools to the foodservice industry to become more profitable. His book, "The Art of Restaurant Theft" can be downloaded for free at www.therestaurantninjas.com

You can subscribe to Rick's weekly email newsletter and his thoughts on business, life and everything in between at:
http://forms.aweber.com/form/05/1667819805.htm




No comments:

Post a Comment