Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Birch tree in the night

Oh great tree in the night, you look like a man.
You sit there empty all day, until nightfall you stand.
I ignore you.
But you are alive.
And you salute to me as if you respect me.
Respect goes both ways and I have none for you.
I don't notice you.
You are a tree.

You must be lonely
Until the gentle cricket creaks your name.
In the glowing eyes of dusk,
You wake up.
The forest jumps with discussions of the daily events.

Oh great giant, you are free,
Chained to your roots.
But that's what you are, fore you are a tree.

You will never move from that place,
But that's what you do.
Stand and wait.
Until death.

Because you are a tree.
A great soldier of the forest.
Standing on guard to protect all other living things
Against me and the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment