Monday, July 30, 2018

Pitaza: born July 4, 2016 died July 28, 2018

Today I said goodbye to a dear, dear friend...Not a person, but a business.

Yes I said my business, Pitaza, was my friend. Because it was.
It saved me.
Crazy isn't it? A business that failed also saved my life.
Let me explain.

The next words is a letter that I've written to my dearly departed Pitaza which I pulled the plug on Saturday July 28, 2018.

I was in a dark hole.
I was worried.
I was scared.
I was angry.
I was frustrated.
Some think I was DEPRESSED.
I think I was LONELY.

I was looking for purpose, meaning, and something of significance to do.
I didn't care if I lived. 
I didn't care if I died.

It was at the scariest thing I ever faced.
Then I saw you.
It was in a dream.
I started to plan, and focus on things other than the daily self-wallowing, angry thoughts I was having.
I got excited, with each passing day.
I conceived a new baby by starting my fourth business. I came away with a friend.

It was fun creating again. 

Someone wanted to buy you, and I wouldn't let you go because I had bigger dreams.
In retrospect, I was healing and you were my medicine.

You are the reason I came back. I thank you from the bottom of my heart. You gave me new energy, new creativity, new excitement and a new life.

I will miss you old friend and all the customers you brought our way.
It was fun, but it was time to end your life.
I'm sorry.
You saved mine and I ended yours.
But you are a thing, and I believe you did exactly what you were supposed to do.

You can call me crazy, but you can't call me DEPRESSED or LONELY.

Today is a great day, although a sad one. I will miss you Pitaza, and all the people you brought through your doors

With renewed hope,
your father, Rick


1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear Rick. I believe there is a reason for absolutely everything:)

    ReplyDelete