Friday, September 7, 2018

Don't be the dog. Be the car.

Life was good. 
Working on another project, the edge of the horizon was sharp.
A plan of action was set.
Summoning the winds, the bell dinged on the computer.
It wasn’t expected.
It was dismissed. 
As well as the person behind the email. 
She wanted time and/or money, was the thought.
She persisted. 
And she was dismissed a second time. 
It can’t be good, another thought screamed.
And she persisted again. 
I gave her my number.
Two minutes later, the phone vibrated. 
Wow, she didn't get the message.

I was not getting the message.
The wind had changed without notice. 
We agreed to meet.
The opportunity was ok, but not exciting.
We met, and my interest scattered away.
I told my wife I wasn’t moving forward. 
It wasn't of interest. It couldn’t give what we wanted.

The hurricane was pushing hard in my direction.
The phone rang again. 
The business was ours. 
I was still ready to back out. 
Until the realization of everything was arriving as was asked. 
Just in a different form.  

Without persistence, it wouldn’t have happened. 
Not mine, but someone else's.
  
I was AWARE of the business.
I did not chase it.
It chased me.
The world came to me as I made other plans.
The world gave exactly what I wished.

I sit here thinking about success.
And how this success came to be.
Learning from success is as important as learning from failure.
So I sit here and share lessons for my own benefit as well as yours.

Letting go is the key.
Dogs don’t catch the cars they chase.
Don’t be the dog.
Be the car.
Let others chase you.
And they will chase.
Observe and witness.
The winds will change in your favour.
You have no control over it.
Don’t force it.
Embrace it when it comes.
And the result you ask for will come to you,
In a form you won't expect.

No comments:

Post a Comment