Monday, May 18, 2015

What is the color of love

Describing love can be easy from a feeling if you've ever been in it.

But how would you describe it from a the other senses: Sight, smell, taste, hearing?

Does it have a colour? The easy answer is red. Valentine's day, hearts, cupids, passion. All is denoted by the colour of red.

Put that pop song cliche shit in the garbage.
I challenge you to describe it using colour, smell and taste.

It sounds weird. But here's my answer to my own challenge:

Love is bright yellow with a shade of grey. So bright and beautiful, but in the wrong conditions can be dark and cloudy. My eyes don't think right. My ears don't see clearly. Love is irrational. It smells like a ripe tomato. So sweet and juicy, but it has to be consumed before it turns rotten, which it always has the danger of doing. Love tastes like a lemon, so juicy and bitter on its own, but always goes well with tequila. Ole! Ariba, ariba!!!

Again, I challenge you to describe love with the usage of colour, smell and taste. You're not allowed to use cliches. Make up your own metaphors. Come up with something original.

It will be hard to do. It will be uncomfortable. It could be fun. If you're scared, just inbox me. I won't judge nor share with anyone. I promise!

You'll thank me in the morning.

Please don't stand me up. My ego is too fragile.


No comments:

Post a Comment