Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Get your motor running...

My lawnmower got fixed.

In a prior post called "Squirrel Dicks", I wrote about issues getting someone to take responsibility for a blown engine on my mower.

After much run around, the dealer encouraged me to bring the mower in for them to take a look at it. They were the most help. They convinced the engine manufacturer to extend the warranty based on a malfunction. The manufacturer supplied a new motor free of charge.

The original quote to replace the motor was $3500. The actual cost was $860 for delivery and labour. Although I would have liked to pay nothing, I am extremely happy to "save" $2640.

I'm now a huge fan of the dealer. Even though they took $860 of my money and I drove an hour to drop off and pick up the mower, I feel like they wrapped their arms around me and protected me from the monsters who weren't taking responsibility for my misfortune.

Isn't that all we want as customers?

When things go well, it's easy to please a customer. In a marriage, things are easy as long as there is no conflict.

But anyone who's been married long enough knows it takes a lot of work to preserve, maintain and grow the love that binds the relationship.

When things go badly as they inevitably will, the two parties show their true intentions based on what they do.

Relationships are hard work.

This dealer has my business for future purchases because they took care of me.
I don't feel like a cheap whore they are just trying to fuck!

They value our relationship. And so do I.

No comments:

Post a Comment