Friday, June 27, 2014

Focus in...

Do you want something really bad?  So bad that you can smell it. You can taste the sweetness of success. You can hear the cheers of your fans. Doesn't it feel great?

The ability to be a visionary is a gift. Many of us get scared to share our vision of the future. We feel judged so we keep our hopes and desires to ourselves.

The difference between a dreamer and a visionary is the dreamer doesn't have a plan of action. The visionary is a rare breed.

Our communities need visionaries. Our regions need people that are not afraid to fail. My province has seen two world class entrepreneurial visionaries in K.C Irving and Harrison McCain. Others have done extremely well but not world class like these two kingpins. Love them or hate them, no one can deny their fearless ambition and their unwillingness to accept a lower lot in life.

I'm going to take off my mask and be completely vulnerable. I am going to take a company to world-class status. I am going to build a company that one day is compared to the two great companies in our neck of the woods.

You can laugh. You can roll your eyes. Guess what? Many did the same when Harrison McCain used to talk about being a leader in the frozen french fry business.

I may be a bit over confident. Isn't that required?

Some will say I'm dreaming. I don't think so. I have a plan. My plan is so clear I turned down an opportunity earlier this year that will cost me millions of dollars.

Roll your eyes. Laugh.

Do you have a plan?

I do. And I'm focused on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment