Friday, June 20, 2014

It's natural

How often do we assume that something is good for us because of company claims that it's all natural?

Every time I hear a company claiming their natural components, I laugh inside. Just because something naturally occurs in nature does not mean it's good for you. A couple products that are naturally occurring in nature that we wouldn't consider a healthy choice: Opium, arsenic, tobacco, uranium, not to mention those little red berries that my mom always told me not to eat in the summertime.

Cobras are a part of nature.  Does that mean their naturally produced venom is also good for us?

I get it. In a world of artificial sweeteners, artificial flavors, breast implants, genetically modified foods, synthetic chemicals, andeouldnt plastic surgery, natural seems to be the more healthier option but it doesn't grant 100% certainty that it's good for us.

Give me an emotional reason to buy. Natural may be important to some, but it isn't to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment