Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Funny-Weird or Funny-Haha

I sit here and I write about my cat walking by my sofa. He's a funny kitty. Actually he's not that funny. He's never once told me a joke.

He's funny-weird, not funny-haha.

We're all a bit weird, don't ya think?

It's our weirdness that makes us unique.
It's our weirdness that embarrasses our kids.

I remember a moment when I was embarrassed of my parents. I was 13. I was invited to my first house party. My parents dropped me off at the end of the street at my request so none of my friends would see them. But little did I know, there were three girls walking on the other side of the street when my dad stopped. They were going to the same party. I was frozen with fear. My dad always did shit to get a laugh out of people.

They all said hi to my parents. Dad pulled out his comedy routine and the girls giggled. Not sure if they giggled because of the awkardness or if they actually thought he was funny.

Now that I'm older, I've come to appreciate him much more. He is funny. The stupid teenager in me couldn't see that past his hormones.

That's too bad! It was a waste of good times between father and son.

I'm traumatizing my kids today doing the same stupid shit my dad pulled on me.

I think I'm funny.
They don't.

I hope one day they do.

Am I funny-weird or funny-haha?

Who knows for sure?


No comments:

Post a Comment