Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Weapons of mass destruction

Fear, anxiety, restlessness. Let us make sure everyone is afraid of some resident evil that will destroy the very clothed blanket of what our forefathers built for us.

I refuse to participate in the fear mongering of world leaders and the media. Bad people do crazy unethical acts.  I get that.

We call them terrorists. By definition anyone can be considered a terrorist who instills fear. Are terrorists defined by brown people living under a Muslim faith? That's what we focus on. Can biker gangs be considered terrorist?

I accused my daughter of terrorism yesterday. If she is put on a no flight registry, should I be surprised?

We create the big bad wolf. We need some danger to target our attention. Hitler and Stalin became Hussein and Bin Ladin became ISIS and Al Quaeda.

We allow powerful men from powerful nations to have power over us.

Are we free?

The media tells us we're free. The leaders tell us we're free. Don't pay taxes and find out how free you are. Power is held by powerful men releasing an even flow of anxiety.

Was I born a slave? Is thought the only thing that can save us?

Paraphrasing Oscar Wilde's poem, replacing "love" with " freedom",
 
Freedom will fly if held too lightly,
Freedom will die if held too tightly,
Lightly, tightly, how do I know
Whether I'm holding or letting Freedom go.

Which pill are you willing to take - red or blue?



1 comment: