Wednesday, October 14, 2015

From a different perspective...

I have one of the toughest jobs in the organization. Some think it's fluffy. They think I have to be a airy-fairy, free-feeling, pot-smoking hippy to get results. I'm the opposite of that. I'm all about results. And the reality is everything is cyclical. There are good times when I can do no wrong and there are lean times when I'm bored out of my mind because my competition has figured out a new strategy to pull customers toward them.

When I first took this job, I used to run around and try to convince others that my product was the best. I would try to pull them away from my competitors. Then I realized that I can't force people to do something they don't want to do anyways. They want to try the competition because their offering seems more appealing. The more they try it, the more they think they like it. Even though they don't. But I'm too busy to waste my time on people who don't want to hear from me. I only work with those who like what I offer. So I stick with them until someone calls me.

I have one rule.
I don't call on customers. They call on me.

I can't convince them to want my services. They have to convince themselves.

I wasn't on the job very long when I realized the cyclical nature of this business. I work my hardest after turmoil and strife. Negative emotions worked long enough on a person become tiring. It's all consuming.  As anger consumes people, it gets so heavy that people give up.

It's when they give up the anger, hate and fear, that I do my best work.

I haven't been working very hard these days. There's an air of fear throughout the world. People are angry. Politicians are fuelling it a bit. People have hate in their hearts. It's sad. But I'm waiting. I'm running a couple of miles a day in my spare time. I need to stay in shape. I've seen this movie before. It's gonna get a lot slower for me. But then, look out. I'll have to work overtime 7 days a week.

As time moves on, there's no way I can do the job by myself. Right now, it's no problem. The boss knows that dark days are ahead so he isn't pushing me hard. He's asked me to come up with a plan to satisfy the objectives when needed.

Some think I have to hire help. Hiring doesn't help. I can't teach someone to care who doesn't already understand it. They have to have it within them.

I need help but the right talent isn't available.

Wanna know what I do?

I grow them! I plant them, nurture them, and water them. I talk to them everyday in my garden. Some call them clones. Some call them cupids.

Call them what you want, they are the future missionaries of my life's work. I will die one day but there will be another who will take my place at the heart of my business.

Business isn't that good right now. But it soon will be. People have no choice but to love. It's in them. I know because I put a seed in every single one of them when they were born. They are confused right now but they soon won't be.

-From the perspective of Love


No comments:

Post a Comment