Friday, April 17, 2015

Trading my fake job for my real job: Day 11

The boy woke up 20 minutes late. He was poopy tired, but happy he got to see the game last night. Breakfast was again a joke. No major problems and they got to school on time again.

With a couple of great meetings in the city, I was able to get some work done and still be a fulltime parent who was home when the kids got off the education factory's taxi service.

Supper and homework was also easy. The kids got it off lucky tonight. I had some work I wanted to catch up on so they were able to do what they wanted for three hours.

At 8pm, they both had their showers. I went for a run on the treadmill while the boy watched hockey and the girl watched something else on the other TV. Remember when most homes had only one television. And there were only three channels on the dial. I'm not sure how we survived with so few choices, let alone no remote control.

When I finished running on the spot, I put the kids to bed.

Bedtime was also easy, peezy. Mommy sent an email saying she loved us all. So we replied with a video message just before bedtime. Kids were crazy funny. I'm sure the Queen will cry when she sees it.

My mom left for Mexico today, so now my backup support is gone. Let's hope there are no surprises for five more sleeps.

Time to watch a bit of hockey before putting the dog in her kennel for the night. This will be three nights of kennel sleeping. No more messes on the floor. But she wakes us up consistently at 3am and 7am just as timely as an alarm clock.

As cute as she is, I hate the dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment