Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Trading my fake job for my real job: Day 15

This is IT. The last full day that I'm a single parent. Tomorrow our Queen comes home!

I'm not sure if I was in denial or if I'm getting worn down by the kids. They are starting to bug me. And I'm bugging them. They've released the "idontlikes" on me. For 14 days, things went amazingly well. But today, the fighting has begun.

First of all, I'm definitely part of the problem. Letting an eight year old watch hockey until 11:20 is not a good idea, even if it does make him happy at the time. I've repaid that debt today.

Second of all, the kids are getting tired of eating down the stored food supply. As the pickins get slimmer, the kids get whinier. Today the whining was based on the lack of snacks we had in the pantry. According to both kids, snacks that no one likes means nothing to eat. I asked, pleaded, begged, and cried for them to eat up the remaining crappy snacks we had left so that mommy could go buy the good stuff again. But alas, I am but one man, and the kids can see through my weakness. They know their saviour will be home tomorrow and all that is wrong with the world will be righted again upon the royal return of the Beautiful Highness.

The dog tried to commit suicide! Things must be going downhill. She puked in her bed, on the kitchen floor, on the sofa, on the boy's favourite blanket and now on one of the chairs. She's still eating. Just to be safe, I will keep her out of the kennel for the night. She'll sleep near me where I can keep an eye on her.

There was an empty plastic wrapper on the floor. It looked like one of the candy wrappers you would get at the end of a restaurant meal. But when I looked closer, I saw little pebbles that looked like little clear marbles. The bag looked like something you'd find in a new jacket pocket. I don't know where this bag came from but the dog ate it. She probably wanted to end her life. She has no reason to live without her mommy and sleeping in a kennel every night is no way to sleep for a royal princess.

We spoke to the Queen as she was waiting for a taxi to bring her to the airport. She's tired and can't wait to get home. She's got 24 hours of flying and hanging around in airports. If she's tired now, wait until we pick her up tomorrow. She's gonna be exhausted, with two little kids wanting to catch up on the lack of attention.

I'm done. Things are starting to piss me off. I want to go back to work and not have to worry about supper, laundry, dog puke and bed times. It will be nice to see my Queen.

I miss her a lot.

I wonder if she misses me at all...

No comments:

Post a Comment