Saturday, April 11, 2015

Trading my fake job for my real job: Day 5

Our boy plugged our toilet. I've never seen a toilet this jammed. One time a lady dropped her cell phone in our restaurant toilet when she flushed and it wasn't as plugged as this one. I considered taking it off the flange to see what's holding the water from draining. I'm betting there's a whole roll of toilet paper in there.

Despite the plugged shitter, the kids found their toys right away. They were dancing as they came down the stairs to greet their new found momentary hero.

Everything went well again. They haven't been late to school once this week. It has to be a new record. I'm really thinking they're scared of me.

When they got home from the education factory, I had a couple of errands to run. They didn't get a chance to play with their new toys but they didn't fight about taking a trip to the bank. A friend came to visit after supper and they quietly went about their business. No fighting, no interruptions, no whining. Even at bedtime, they went happily along with my requests.

No real news today. Our queen hasn't checked in yet. I'm getting worried. She hasn't been away from the kids for more than 1 day in her life.

Dishes are done every day. House is reasonably clean. Tomorrow is my weekly bathroom and floor detail, so that should be fun.

I haven't missed a day of exercise yet. The kids have given me slack. Even when they don't like supper, they eat it anyways without much flare. I have to admit, I'm impressed that they've taken it this easy on me so far.

There's still 10 days to go, so I'm not going to get too excited yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment