Sunday, January 26, 2014

Letter to my wife

Dear Aline,

There have been times when I've been lost. I didn't know it at the time. It seems like you've always been there when I needed you most. I was lost as a 23 year old kid, when you found me and saved me from the burning wreckage of my life.

Life has always gotten better with your focus, your drive, your ambition and your tenacious love.

You don't get enough credit around the house. That's because all the credit is supposed to come from me and I'm not that good at giving it out. It's not for a lack of thinking about it. It's just the way I'm hardwired.

My love, we've been together for 18 years, married for 15 and the best is yet to come. I promise.

Be patient with me. They say, "you can't teach an old dog new tricks", but this old dog still has a few tricks to perform.

You hear the words, "I love you" every morning. The only way I can top that is by screaming the same words from the Internet mountaintop.

I LOVE YOU!!

Rick

PS. Aline doesn't know I'm writing this. More importantly, we're not fighting.

Rest of the world: As you look into the lens of my life, I issue you the challenge. Tell someone that you love them today. Three simple words that can mean so much. Life is too fragile.


1 comment:

  1. I love this blog and the value you have given to the one most important in your life, together your are strength, power and devotion. I feel you could write on the twin flame/soul. Great job, enjoy reading your blogs. Melody

    ReplyDelete