Wednesday, April 26, 2017

A letter to an old friend - my belly

You have been with me since I was born.
You are bigger than I want you to be.
That's my fault.

I like food...a lot!

It's time to put you back in check.
On Sunday, I tried to tie my shoes and I was out of breath trying to reach over you to get to my feet.

That's not the life I want to live.
It's not a life for you either.

On Monday, for the nth time, I decided to do something about you.
This time is different.
I say that every time, don't I.

But this time, IT is different.

I'm addicted to food.
So I'm going cold turkey.

Yeah that's right. I'm not going to eat for 14 days.
Don't worry. I'll still feed you. It'll be a different way.
You'll get the energy and vitamins you need.

But I'm going to force you to work a little harder.
You've been lazy.
I've spoiled you with excess.

Now it's time for you to see what it's like to have less.
No more welfare for you.
Get to work and burn all that excess I've given you over the years.

My ears hurt from all the so called experts telling l me how to eat.
My knees are tired running 5 miles per day to eat what I want.

I'm not trying to hurt you.
You're going to get a bit of tough love for 14 days.

Then we will reassess at that time.
You take care of me.
And I'll take care of you.

It has to be a win win for both of us.
And right now I'm losing.
It doesn't work anymore.

So work with me.
And we'll get along just fine.



No comments:

Post a Comment