Friday, April 21, 2017

An email to Seth Godin

This is actually an email I sent to one of my heroes, Seth Godin. He responded to me the same day.


Seth,

Let's not waste your precious time. I've read Purple Cow, Linchpin and The Icarus Deception. Love your work. You already know your work is great and so does so many others because of the amazing art you create. 

You've inspired me time and time again.

Today, I'm humbly emailing you because I discovered "small is the new big" at a used clothing store. Reading through your collection of blogs from ten years ago, has inspired me to start an entrepreneurial school. 

I've paid my own lunches for the past 10 years in business. But I want this business startup to be different. This time I don't just want to make money. I want to change the world - at least the entrepreneurial world. And the world is such a huge mouthful. No one can eat it in just one bite. So I want to start by taking a small nibble at it, in a relatively small area, learning, testing and refining until the product is ready to be eaten by every entrepreneurs world wide.

After reading your blog on NoBS, I would welcome your feedback, your ideas, and ultimately your support into such a venture that we change the way entrepreneurship is taught, manifested and developed in our new world economy.

Am I the right person to take it there? 
The honest answer is "I don't know". 
The confident answer is "Yes". 
The real answer is, "I'm taking a huge gamble, but life is a gamble. And whenever I'm forced to bet on something, I always bet on me."

Today I present an idea that may be perceived as impossible, until it isn't. I'm reaching out to Seth Freakin' Godin. This is the highlight of my week. 
If this is of any interest at all, please let me know.
If not, if you could kindly respond so I can gratuitously show everyone I had the guts to reach out to the Superstar of Thought, the Wayne Gretzky of writing and the Babe Ruth of blogging.

Thanks for reading,
Rick Nicholson  

No comments:

Post a Comment