Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Let's go to my office

The Howard called it "The third place".
My friend Jamie calls it "His second home".
I call it "My office".

I spend a lot of time at Starbucks.
It's next to my business.
I don't have an office at the business.
So I go to Starbucks to change the scenery and to relax.

Today, I was there to pay bills.
I rarely see anyone I know.
I keep my head down and pound on my Mac so furiously that it intimidates them from saying "Hello".

Over the past nine months, I've seen a lot of turnover at this Starbucks. Lots of new faces, but the same consistent service.

What do I want for my office?
-A comfortable chair. If I can't have a comfortable chair, give me an uncomfortable chair and a table.
-Relaxing music. If I can't have the music, at least give me wifi so I can connect to my own music.
-Happy people serving me. If I can't have happy people, give me unhappy people who serve me fast.

I always get what I want at my office.

I don't go to Starbucks because of the affordable luxury. I go because it makes me feel better about myself.

Two years ago, I watched a Starbucks employee give a homeless man a free cup of coffee.
Today, another employee let me try their new frappacino flavour before its official release on Monday. It was the first time I met her yet she treated me like an insider. Like family.

I love their attitude at Starbucks.
It's a lot like mine. So it's easy for me to like them.

Starbucks is my office.
The people who work here are like my co-workers.

I love going to my office.
I don't always get a lot done.
yet, I do my best thinking there.

Thank you Starbucks.
For being you.
And for making me feel good.

Understanding corporate values and applying them consistently is the key to long term success. If you want to learn how to act like Starbucks in your customer service efforts, you can reach me at ricknicholson@wizardofads.com. 


No comments:

Post a Comment