Saturday, March 8, 2014

Am I bored?

I hear the words "I'm bored" all the time. My son needing to be entertained states them as a matter of fact so someone will play with him. Using the tactics that my parents used on me never works on my kids. When I give him something to do, he just laughs and slouches back into the chair.

Today, I know how he feels. In between laziness and depression, boredom settles in like a kitten cuddling for the night. I hate being bored. It's limiting. It's draining. It's awful.

At first I thought I was just being lazy, so I went and cleaned the garage. Four hours went by like 10 minutes. The garage is no where near finished but at least I accomplished something. I don't have the energy to read, to exercise, to talk to anyone or to do anything but sit in front of a TV or computer.

Not knowing what depression really is, I entertained the idea that I was encroaching on it. So I went for a nap. Hoping to sleep away whatever it is did not work. Although the nap felt great, I still feel this heavy weight on my shoulders.

Did I not get enough sleep last night? Am I not eating right? Not enough exercise? Probably all of the above.

I know one thing. I don't like this feeling.

Since I don't know what to call this feeling, I'll call it boredom.

Here's to a better tomorrow...

Ta ta for now.


2 comments:

  1. I think I once read that boredom occurs when you're not learning enough new things. Your brain is starving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In our house when my kids utter that word they know I will give them chores to do, that is what I was taught...to get busy and do something, anything to get out of the rut! They don't say it too much anymore as they try and find something to do instead (they prefer to choose what to do than me choosing for them lol)
    Have you read the book Peaks and Valleys? it talks about the ups and downs of life and that it is normal to experience the lows in order to fully appreciate the highs!

    ReplyDelete