Friday, March 21, 2014

The worst harmonica player ever

I was 6 when I first blew into a harmonica. Unfortunately, the musical ability of my grandmother never made it to me. I never learned how to play it.

I can happily say that as bad as I am with the mouth organ, I think I found someone worse than me.

Oddly enough, I saw a guy today who couldn't carry a tune if it jumped into his front pocket. He was sitting on the street playing with complete emotion. Despite his bulky mittens he continued to make odd cat calling noises that put life into the downtown area.

Two hours went by since my first encounter. When I was walking back to the car, he was still there, in the same spot. Musically speaking he sucked! I couldn't help but notice his passion and dedication to the craft on a less than favourable wintery day.

He is a street person. Outside of his social and financial situation, I admire him. To not care about what anyone thinks and to play his craft from the heart was very inspiring.

Thank you nameless harmonica player. You made my day.






No comments:

Post a Comment