Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Knock knock.

We look around and we don't necessarily see. We hear, but we don't necessarily listen.

My wife gave me a fridge magnet about 9 years ago. It said, "Opportunity is everywhere". I didn't know how right that little magnet was until now. All things are for sale. Even if they are not listed, they can be sold for the right price. What's the right price? It's an agreed price that the seller will let it go for and what the buyer is willing to pay. You never have to overpay if you don't want to.

I have looked at no less than 10 businesses in the past 3 months. Some were listed as for sale and some were not. After a few minutes with the owners, all businesses were for sale. Some were too expensive, some were really cheap. All in all, if you want something you have to go get it.

You've heard the saying, "Opportunity knocks". In my experience it has never knocked. If it had, I would have been stupid not to open the door. I believe "Opportunity whispers". It whispers to you in your sleep. It whispers to you as you drive by it everyday. It whispers to you when you talk to others. Because it's such a faint whisper, it is easy to dismiss as white noise.


And as we wind on down the road
Our shadows taller than our soul.
There walks a lady we all know
Who shines white light and wants to show
How everything still turns to gold.
And if you listen very hard
The tune will come to you at last.
When all are one and one is all
To be a rock and not to roll.


-Led Zeppelin's "Stairway to Heaven"


Yesterday, I took a drive and started looking at houses and businesses in a way I had never done it before. It was like I had opened my eyes for the first time. I saw things I failed to see before. It was exhilarating. 

As in "Stairway to Heaven", you need to listen very hard for opportunity. It's there. We are all here for a reason. We choose the reason. We decide. But if fear holds us back, then we never fulfill our true purpose.

Have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment