Saturday, February 8, 2014

Letter to sociopath #2

I don't know what you were thinking. You had a loving family. You had 20+ people who had your back on anything you ever needed. We would have fought for you, with you. You wouldn't have had to stand on your own two feet. We would have held you up. We were family.

But you changed all that. Greed consumed you. You hurt the people that loved you the most. And you constantly manipulated, lied, cheated and stole your way to loneliness.

You're still part of our family, but now it's of the "outcast" variety. You didn't need to do what you did. Money will not buy you happiness. I bet ya know that now.

It's been over 20 years since this all happened. It's as fresh today as it was back then. You hurt me. You hurt my family. We can never forget that.

I haven't seen you in over 10 years. Every time I drive by your house, I look in. Not sure why. There's this hurt that just doesn't go away. I'm proud of my family. I'm proud of what we've accomplished. I'm pissed off that you started all of this over a couple of dollars.

You were the baby. You were spoiled. You never experienced the same hardships your older siblings endured.

I will never forget the way you treated me when I worked with you. I will never let you close to my family again. I know I need to forgive you. You do not know better. It's actually sad to see you live your life in such disharmony. I hear stories about your anger, your arguments and your personal relationships. I feel really sorry for you.

I realize now the way you act has less to do with us and more to do with your own personal greed. Sometimes I think you're crazy to have traded a few dollars for the love and comfort of your family. I can't understand that because I don't think like you. My family is too important to me.

Money is easy to make. Loving relationships are hard to find.

I forgive you. You didn't know better. You cannot hurt me anymore!


No comments:

Post a Comment