Thursday, February 6, 2014

Letter to sociopath #1


I started working with you because of a dream. I had a dream to build a better life for me and my family. I trusted you to take care of me and guide me away from key mistakes that most entrepreneurs make in the beginning.

I should have seen the signs. You only cared about money. You didn't see the human component of a business. For you, people are a means to an end. To me employees were like family. 

What I should have noticed is that you saw me the same way. I was a means to an end. I was an employee that could be fired and tossed to the curb. 

You are a sociopath. Your money hungry ways will one day catch up to you. I want you to know that the tribulations I went through over the last 7 years was very difficult for me. My mom told me that I should never hate anyone. I find that hard to uphold when I think of you. You tried your best to take everything away from me.

Guess what? You failed!

My mom told me I should never wish ill will on anyone. I have a hard time with that one too. 

I have to take the positive out of our time together. I learned to look for the sociopathic tendencies in people first instead of believing everyone I meet is honest and of positive character. I learned that I will never do business with you ever again. You're a sociopath and I'm not, so I will always lose in a relationship with you. I also learned how not to treat others. 

Here's the way I want to think:

Karma's a comin'. You will get yours. I won't seek revenge. Nor will I wish it on you. But when it happens, I have to admit that I will be happily cheering, drinking a glass of champagne on the sidelines.

I'm bigger than that. I will never forget the way you treated me. I will never forget how I felt. I will never trust you to get close to me again. However, I know that I need to forgive you. For you do not know better. It's actually sad to see you live your life in such disharmony.

I realize now the way you treated me had nothing to do with me. Maybe you weren't raised by good honest parents who loved you. I can't understand that because my parents were awesome.

I forgive you. You did not know better. You cannot hurt me anymore!

Rick




2 comments:

  1. But if you care about the rest of us you will reveal the Sociopath's name...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those close to me know who this person is. This post is less about revealing facts and more about healing...

    ReplyDelete