Sunday, April 13, 2014

Perception is reality

There have been two times in my life where I felt beat up, picked on, and most definitely powerless. I'm a confident person. But these moments in my history were not reality. They was perceptions, feelings, fantasyland.

In one situation, every time I saw my tormentor, I could feel my heart beating faster. I had an uncontrollable urge to shake. I was nervous, scared, frustrated and most definitely angry. All these emotions combined put me in a weak state. The bully had power and he used it to his advantage.

The object of my emotional demise stood about 6 foot 4. He was a giant that towered over me each time we crossed paths. The day he lost his power over me, he stood about 5 foot 6. How was it that I saw him so much taller than me and now he was shorter? My brain tricked me twice. He is about an inch taller than me at 5 foot 10.

Is it possible that everything we see is not reality? It is our perception of things, hence we make it our reality. If this is true, then there's no such thing as reality. We all live in our own dream world.

Take your dominant hand. Open it up so all five fingers are outstretched and not touching. Focus on it for a couple of minutes. Don't move. Focus on it intensely. The hand no longer feels like it's part of you. If you really focus on it, the fingers start to blur and you start to sense energy between your fingers.

Sometimes it feels like I'm in the Matrix.


No comments:

Post a Comment